June 9, 2010

RAW FOOD AND LUDACRIS









First off, let me tell you I worked with Ludacris today on a project-and he is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Unassuming, good-hearted and genuine...not to mention talented and wildly entertaining.

Ok now that's out of the way...down to business-I've begun eating RAW. I'm not interested in full-on vegetarian or vegan, but I often overeat and feel really sluggish. So I've decided that several days a week i'll eat raw foods only. This is beneficial for many reasons, and I recommend you research it online if you're interested. I've ordered several great RAW cookbooks, but I've been too anxious for them to arrive...so last night I pulled 4 recipes offline, went to WholeFoods for the ingredients and made big batches to eat through the week. They were:

1. Curried Cauliflower, Squash and Leeks
2. Red Cabbage and Onion Slaw
3. Avocado Romaine Boats
4. Winter Buckwheat Breakfast

My favorite is the Avocado/Grapefruit Lettuce Cups, and I posted links for all 4 recipes below. They all turned out great!! In the past I've felt cooking was a waste of time...but these days cooking has become therapeutic after a day or week of busy life. We all need to balance work with something we simply enjoy, and this RAW project is my new happy place. Have a yummy RAW recipe? Email me at TheLucyWalsh@gmail.com and I'll post it!

(#1) http://www.simplyrawrecipes.com/category/courses/entrees/
(#2-4) http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment