November 3, 2011

FALL FOR YOU w SECONDHAND SERENADE

A few years ago, I was in the grocery store and heard this song playing...the original radio version. I stopped walking, and stood still, just listening with my mouth open. I thought it was the most beautiful song, and I had no idea who it was. Soon I heard it again on the radio, and found out it was John Vesely, of the band Secondhand Serenade.

At the time, I was working on MTV's "Rock The Cradle"...and we were able to choose our own song one week, to sing on the show. I knew I HAD to sing this song, so I tracked John down and called him on the phone. He had no idea who I was, and talked to me while he smoked a cigarette outside his tour bus. He agreed to my request, and I sang the song at the piano the next week on TV...for 1.3 million people.

Not long after that, I was in New York on tour, as was John. He invited me to come out to his studio and sing on the new acoustic release of the song...which is this version. SO from standing in the grocery store, to your ears now, this was an ironic journey.

Follow your instincts and go for what you want

No comments:

Post a Comment