February 11, 2011

YOU HAVE A GENIUS

Dear friends, this video was sent to me by a good friend, after she saw me perform a few nights ago. She said she was totally lost in the performance, and that it reminded her of this talk that Liz Gilbert gave. I did myself a favor and took 20 minutes to watch it, I hope you take a timeout and do the same.

It made me smile and cry to hear what she says about what 'happens' to different artists when they create their art...I thought of my own process. When I write a song, the song swirls above my head in a dense, furious cloud. Its up to me to reach up and snatch the pieces down. That is how its always been, every time. There, my secret revealed. What 'happens' to you?

WATCH WATCH WATCH and PASS IT ON.


Liz speaks of what 'happens' to certain artists when they create something, and it made me smile to pinpoint mine...when I am writing a song, the song is swirling above my head in a dense furious cloud, and I feel as though I reach up and pull the pieces down to me. That is how I write, there's my secret uncovered. How do you create your art? WATCH WATCH WATCH and PASS IT ON.

value="always"/>

No comments:

Post a Comment