July 12, 2009



Im travelling for my music, and had the day off in Nashville today. Whenever I have a day off away from home, I like to go on adventures. I love exploring, and more often than not my experiences turn into songs. Today my curiosity led me to a town in the country of Tennessee called Leipers' Fork. It's no more than a stretch of 10 buildings and a church. I had lunch, browsed antiques, and sat alone in the church for 30 min. SO relaxing. I am so amazed by the green countryside...being from LA, I am used to cement all around. From Leiper's Fork I found a 'Carnton Plantation'...built before the civil War, it was smack-dab in the middle of the fighting, and used as a hospital. It is strange to be standing in a beautiful place, reading about how men died on the grass all around you. I just got back into Nashville, but not before getting stuck in a torrential downpour...complete with lightning and thunder right on top of my car. I was actually really scared, we don't have storms like that in LA. It was an amazing day, I feel re-energized for the next 3 days of writing here in NV. IT'S ALL HAPPENING...Lucy

1 comment:

  1. Lucy,

    Having grown up in Georgia, but also having lived in LA, I'm so happy you were able to experience this incredible place. And yes, the thunderstorms are verocious, yet beautiful. You are an incredibly talented and special spirit, as well as beautiful, inside and out. Thanks for sharing.

    mistyocea

    ReplyDelete